I use affiliate links and may recieve a small commision on purchase. This does not affect your cost. Read more about me
There are various tools you can use for starting your online business. This includes social media, messaging apps like WhatsApp and a blog. Starting a blog is the best way to communicate with your customers. The Bluehost web hosting platform is one of the best hosting platforms to start your blog or website.
It is one of those reliable services you can count on when getting started with your online business. They have grown their customer base above 2 million with trust and service.
They have a reliable service uptime, server speed and other necessary features. They also have a live chat that is available round the clock, and they do give you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
I will also mention the downside I discovered when looking at their packages – the high renewal price. But when compared with their competitors, their exceptional services put them far ahead.
Let us look at the features that have helped them stand out and the various packages you can take advantage of.
BlueHost Basic Features
Bluehost started in 2003, they have been able to top the chart amidst the top 20 web hosting companies. Let us see some of the strong points that have helped them achieve this giant stride.
- Beginners Friendly: Easy to use: A lot of web hosting services need experienced hands. You need a developer or an experienced freelancer to help you build your website. But the case is different for Bluehost, it is well suited for beginners. They have a clean and intuitive layout that is easy to navigate for beginners. Beginners can install WordPress without any prior knowledge or expertise. The entire system uses a point and clicks system. Also, advanced users who want to customize their codes to suit their desire are not left behind. Bluehost takes good care of them with its advanced features.
- BlueHost is WordPress’s Official Partner. WordPress is the most used CMS across the globe. They recommend Bluehost, Dreamhost, and Siteground. It is not to say that you cannot host your WordPress website on any other hosting company. That Bluehost shows up amidst three recognized partners shows quality of service delivery.
- Excellent Uptime: Uptime is one of the most critical factors when selecting a hosting platform. If your website is always down, your users will not access it. So, you must focus on consistent uptime when selecting a hosting platform. An uptime of 99.92% is the least you should be thinking of. Good enough, Bluehost guarantees no less than 99.97% uptime. We tested this over six months and read other reviews that pointed to this fact. Even in months when their performance was not best, they still gave us an uptime of 93.92%.
- Loading Speed: An increase in your load time will increase your bounce rate. And it will continue to increase and get worse with longer load time. If your Load time increases from 1second to 3 seconds, your bounce rate will increase with at least 30%. Google and other search engines ranks page speed, an important ranking factor. As such, you cannot afford a slow load page. It will result in less traffic, low search engine result page(SERP) ranking, and fewer sales. Bluehost will give your website speed not less than 700 ms, which is a great one. Meanwhile, you have to learn to create well-optimized content to support the load time.
- Top Security Features: Bluehost is one of the cheapest options when to start a WordPress website hosting. But does this mean the cut down on quality? NO, capital no. They look beyond cost and provide best services. They provide free SSL certificate, Cloudflare (CDN), and multi CMS integrations. For spam expert add-on, domain privacy protection, and server backups, you need a higher plan. You can also get Codeguard, and it will provide daily backup for your website. In an issue, you can roll back to get an update.
- Bluehost Pricing: Bluehost has one of the cheapest introductory pricing; you can get started with as low as $3.95 per month. But I have been able to work out a deal of $2.75 for my students, and you can take advantage of this using my link. With this price, you rest assured to get everything you need to get you started. Apart from the security features above, you will also access 50GB of SSD storage. We will discuss lots of this below in the various hosting packages.
- 24/7 Customer Support: When it comes to supporting, you can easily count on Bluehost. They offer excellent support services via chat, phone, and email tickets. They also have a knowledge base of questions and other relevant information. I have used both their live chat and email ticketing, and their response have been prompt. The representative responded very politely and was knowledgeable.
With that said, let us see three of the most common hosting packages you can take advantage of.
Shared Web Hosting
It is the cheapest form of web hosting. In this type, websites share resources with other websites. It is well suited for average businesses that are not out to empty their wallets on technology. If you are not looking out for high-volume traffic, there is no need to spend so much on hosting. Shared hosting will do the work for you.
When it comes to shared hosting on Bluehost, they offer an annual payment that is very flexible. They allow you sign-up for a one-year, two-year, or three-year plan. The more years you choose for your first sign-up, the cheaper it becomes for you. If you decide to go by the three-year plan, your monthly cost will be $3.95 monthly. If you take to the one-year plan, you pay $5.95 monthly.
Shared hosting has three different plans. Which are:
- Basic Plan
- Plus Plan
- Choice plan
- Pro plan
- The Basic Plan is the listing package that costs $3.95 monthly. It allows you to take advantage of a large storage capacity of up to 50GB of storage and unlimited data transfer. It comes with a free domain name available to you if you continue to use its hosting services.
- The plus package adds a little by coming with an anti-spam package, unlimited websites, and storage space.
- The Choice package will cost $6.95. It comes with everything in the choice plan and a free, dedicated IP address. Everything in the plus package comes with free domain privacy and free automated backup for one year. The pro plan is exceptional, and I recommend this for high-tech B2b companies.
If you want to create a WordPress-powered website, any of the Bluehost above packages will be well suited for your website. Many websites on the internet are using one of these packages. They are well suited for the WordPress content management system (CMS). The CMS is easy to use. It comes with a diverse option of themes and integrates with plug-ins.
They have a well-advanced installation of WordPress on your website. Also, they run automatic updates for the CMS. They also provide all plans with a Microsoft email account branded with your domain name.
VPS Web Hosting
If your business has high-traffic or does not allow shared hosting, then you should use VPS. Bluehost web hosting VPS is unique and different from the shared hosting servers. Although your site shares server resources with other sites. Here the number of websites on a particular server is limited, and you are guaranteed a certain volume of the server resources.
The VPS comes in three different packages, the standard, enhanced, and the ultimate plan. The standard package costs $19.99, granting you access to 30GB of solid-state storage, 2GB of memory, and 1TB of Bandwidth. The enhanced package costs $29.99 comes with 60 GB storage, 4GB RAM, and 2 TB Bandwidth memory. While the total cost of $59.99 comes with a mouthwatering 120GB of solid-state storage, 8Gb of RAM, and 3TB of bandwidth.
Dedicated Web Hosting
When it comes to web hosting, dedicated Webhosting is the only guarantee for high volume traffic. Bluehost has dedicated servers that can handle high traffic. The Bluehost web hosting dedicated servers come in three different packages too.
- The largest package is the premium; it comes with 1TB storage, 16GB ram, 15 TB bandwidth and 5 IP addresses.
- The standard has 500GB storage, 4GB RAM, and 5TB Bandwidth. It also comes with 3dedicated IP addreses and it is the least, costing $79.99.
- The Enhanced package comes next with a cost of $99.99 monthly. It has a storage capacity of 1 TB, 8 GB RAM, 10TB Bandwidth and four dedicated IP addresses.
In conclusion, bluehost website hosting is one of my most recommended hosting platforms. They have a reliable service and have continued to improve over the years.
Also their security measures and speed are of industry standard. They have lots of user friendly apps and multi-level hosting packages. It gives you lots of options as your website grows.
To help you get started, I have created a comprehensive article on how to start a WordPress website on Bluehost.