I use affiliate links and may recieve a small commision on purchase. This does not affect your cost. Read more about me
If your shoe rack is full of old shoes or your laundry is becoming a warehouse of used clothes, I got a better way for you to eliminate them – sell them on Mercari Official Site. You will be freeing some space and making decent income for yourself. Let us get started as we answer questions like What is mercari and how does Mercari work.
Mercari is a website where you can sell anything, from a $2 pair of socks to a brown new car. Although a litle different from Poshmark, but you can also make money on anything via your Mercari Login. It is a perfect option for you to let go of your used items.
It defers from local meetups and Facebook Marketplace. There is no need for physically meeting the buyer of your goods. There is a stander shipping process. You do not need to go through the inconvenience of meeting your buyer in an open garage.
You can take advantage of this robust platform to build an online work from home business. It is not just a platform to dispose of your old stuff, but a comprehensive eCommerce website. You can sell goods bought from Aliexpress, Amazon, Amazon return pallets, and other ecommerce platforms
I will take a holistic and unbiased look at the following:
1. Is Mercari Legit or Scam
2. Why you should sell on Mercari
3. How much can I make selling on Mercari?
Can you get scammed on Mercari Browser
Mercari is one of those few companies that make its financials public. Their yearly sales are almost a billion dollars. This income is earned despite low ratings from websites like Sitejabber. But on the contrary, a site like Trustpilot has a rating of 4.0 out of over 17,000 reviews.
Mercari is a legit company but has both negative and positive reviews. While the negative reviews are from some angry folks, their reasons are unique and similar to regular complaints from eCommerce platform clients. Let us take a look at some of the usual complaints
- Some complain their customer service is difficult to contact: It is one of the complaints with the highest frequency, showing an element of truth. But from other people that have had a pleasant experience with their customer service, it appears that contacting them via the app may be more resourceful than via other mediums.
- A high commission fee is charged on Mercari Official site: In my opinion, this is not a drawback. Virtually all e-commerce platforms charge a certain percentage on all transactions. If you are looking at a quick sale, I think Mercari is one of the best options for your business. If you are looking at starting a sustainable business on a long term basis, start a website of your own.
- Sellers do not reveal the actual state of their items. They sell fake items that are in bad shape. It is not limited to the Mercari official site. You will find it on other eCommerce sites with sellers either over-selling their products or scamming people. They capitalize on the three days of return period Mercari. The period is just too short. As such, most buyers do have opportunities to return this item.
We have seen some of the major complaints of users on this eCommerce site, but they are not specific to them alone. Let us begin to see the reason why you should sell on the Mercari Official site.
Can You sell Safely on Mercari Official Site
Below are some of the good things that the platform offers and why you should use them.
- Less saturated when compared to eBay: Whether you like it or not, using a new website for your sales will give you less competition. The number of people using the internet for daily selling and buying continues to increase. Your probability to quickly make sales on a new site like Mercari is higher than that of existing sites like eBay or Amazon.
- More audience: You cannot continue to shop on platforms like eBay alone. Mercari offers you more audience and a higher probability to sell fast. Some people will not want to use eBay. You will find them on sites like Mercari.
- People use their balance to buy other stuff: People usually use their Mercari balance to make more purchases. They are either seeing it as free funds or trying to hide something away. It will allow you to make more sales than on other platforms like eBay.
- Limited Restrictions: With the coming in of eBay managed payment, sellers can not sell some of their stuff on the giant platform again. But not to worry, you can always do it on Mercari. So you can still sell your coins, bullion, and tickets on Mercari without restrictions.
- Free Shipping: unlike the local market, where you have to visit your buyer in a garage, Mercari takes care of your shipping for you. There is no point in a physical meeting between buyer and seller
- It will help you organize and reduce junks: It is a platform that can help you reduce unused clothes, gadgets and any other thing occupying space in your environment. Selling these items, creating more space and still having some cash in hand will make you happy and fulfilled.
This Mercari Review will not be complete without an explanation of how Mercari works. They pride themselves in their slogan: Sell it. Ship it. Get Paid.
How does Mercari work
Mercari official site is grouped into different categories like every other online marketplace. The categories contain thousands of listing at a bargain price. It has everything you can think of, from games, shoes, and clothes to furniture and pumps.
For buyers, they can directly search Mercari for their desired items via the search box or browse through categories as shown below.
While for sellers, you are to list items and set their prices. If buyers find your price reasonable, they make an instant purchase. But they can make an offer and initiate negotiation for a better deal. Mercari allows you to run promotions, discounts, and coupons as a seller.
Both sellers and buyers can take advantage of the various payment methods available on the Mercari official site. These payment methods include debit cards, PayPal, Apple pay, and Credit card.
It runs an accounting system for each buyer and seller. If you have a credit or balance on your account, you can use it to make purchases.
Best Practise for Buyers and sellers on Mercari App
- Sign up on the Mercari Official Site:The first thing is to signup on the website. With that, you can list your items for free and turn items you do not have use for into cash. There is no point in throwing out your unused clothing any longer. Use Mercari to turn them into cash.
- Take Photos: You need to help your audience see what they are buying by taking pictures from various dimensions. You can take advantage of the Mercari app to take pictures of your items. The first picture is the main picture. You can take other pictures from various angles.You can start your main picture from a wide shot, after which you can get closer to the object in other to see more details. Bright natural light will be good to capture and present the best images of the items.If you need inspiration on how your item should look, looking at what other sellers are doing will be a good idea.
- Add Title Note the question, “What are you selling” on the Mercari dashboard. It is the area for your title. You need to use 40 characters to describe what you are selling.
- Give it a description: Include the brand, model name, style and colour, and the item’s condition in your description. Also, the fabric if it is clothing, declare if it is used, and be specific if the item has any defect. Do not forget to be open about what you like about the item. Take advantage of hashtags in here. You have 1,000 characters to use to sell the item, and you must write at least five words in the space area.
- Assign a Category: Mercari does suggest a category for each item. It is automatically chosen based on your title, but you can agree to it or disagree. So check it, again and again, to ensure your item is assigned to the right category. In the case where you are unable to find the right category select the “other” option. Do not forget to go to your description and do a good job of it.
- Report Condition: you always have an opportunity to report the condition of the item. You must let them know the true condition of your item. Let it be stated expressly if it is used, like new, good or poor. Be honest with your declaration, it will reduce the probability of a refund.
- Shipping your Items: After receiving an order on Mercari, you have a grace of three days to do the packing and shipping. The platform has in place a procedure to make shipping simple and achievable. But there are things you have to put in place.
First, you have to decide if you are offering free shipping or have the buyer pay for his shipping. Like any other platform, it is expected that you will have added your shipping cost when you claim to offer free shipping.
Secondly, if you obtain a prepaid label from Mercari, you will save 30% of the retail cost of shipping. Take a critical look at the weight, size and chart from mercury to decide if you will go by the prepaid label or ship it on your own. Worth noting is that items shipped with the prepaid label get insurance of $200.
Thirdly, you can make estimates of your weight. But if you are looking at making it a continuous business, you should get your scale for measurement.
Fourthly, pack the items in such a way that they will not get damaged. If you are packaging clothing, you can use poly mailers. But if you are shipping toys or electronics, use boxes with packaging materials that can keep it safe and secured.
Lastly on shipping, do it promptly. You have three days to achieve mailing, the earlier you can get your item out, the better. Prompt shipping will help avoid service failure issues.
Payment on Mercari
For every sale made on the Mercari official site, the platform will earn a 10% commission. This commission is earned after a sale is made. The platform does not charge sellers for listing their items.
They will make payment to your account or any mode of payment after the buyer has rated the seller and the deal. In cases where the buyer refused to rate you, Mercari has gotten you covered. They have given the buyer three days to rate the transaction. On failure to do so, they will make a direct payment into the seller’s account
They have two modes of payment:
- They can credit your checking account directly
- They can pay via a debit card
How much can You Make selling on the Mercari Official Site
With lots of bloggers posting results from Mercari and other eCommerce websites, it is difficult to believe what you read especially when it involves money. I have not said that the exceptional result is not true. But many of these results are from the top ten on these websites and are accumulated for months.
It is a better source of income when compared with business models like online survey.
Based on my Mercari review, it is obvious that it is a legit site where you can make money by selling items. There is no rubber-stamped amount you can make on the platform. With dedication and commitment, you can make a sustainable living from this platform. If you are passionate about the ecommerce industry and want to make money on Mercari, I advise you take one of the courses below. They are both from well experienced internet marketers that can take you by the hand.
- How to Start a Profitable Mercari Selling Store from Home” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”>How to Start a Profitable Mercari Selling Store from Home
But if you are like me and want control over your business, the option is to build your website.
Creating your website will help you present your products on the doorstep of your would-be clients is not difficult. All you need are relevant tools and a place to learn how to use them. I have created a free course to help you get started. Click here to access how to build a profitable website for free
20 thoughts on “Mercari Official Site / How to make money with it”
I love your review, because I don’t know Mercari. This is totally new for me, and it could be a good idea to use it to amply my sales business. Personally I’m growing my own store online, but it is possible also to sell my items in other places. It seem to be a trust platform, like others more known, so I think it is worth to give a try to it. Let’s see what happen!
Thank you for this great article! Ive done some selling and buying on postmark before but have never tried mercari. I heard of Mercari before but never tried it. After reading your article I think Im going to give mercari a try and try to compare it to my experience on postmark. Keep the good content coming!
The fabulous Mercari allows its users to peddle anything from a mere two-dollar pair of socks to a shiny new car. But before getting too excited, it behooves us to ask: is this just another scam? How much money can be made? And how does it differ from Poshmark or Facebook Marketplace? It’s time to delve deeper and discover the delights of this inventive e-commerce platform!
As answered in the article, Mercari stands out with features such as a less saturated market, access to a larger audience, plus—bonus—free shipping at no extra cost. Countless users have also reported their satisfaction to confirm its user-friendliness and its potential for serious money-making. I am interested in how Mercari stacks up compared to other big names in the industry, like eBay or Amazon, regarding fees and commissions imposed on sellers?
I love your audit, since I don’t know Mercari. This is absolutely new for me, and it very well may be smart to utilize it to abundantly my business. By and by I have no involvement in deals, yet it is conceivable likewise to learn and sell my things in different spots. It appear to be a trust stage, similar to others more known, so I think checking out to it is worth. Thanks for your review, very easy to read:)
I have never heard of Mercari before. It reminds me a bit of Shpock and although I have only used facebook and Ebay to sell anything, it’s great that there are other websites out there. I see it was founded in Japan in 2013 so it is something that the UK can use too? Selling sites are so popular and these days many of us are looking for ways to make more money so it’s great that there is another site that looks easy to use for this.
I think lots of people have moved on from Ebay as they charge a fair amount for selling items nowadays so when we have a choice of different sites to choose from and make money from, it’s a win win situation.
Hi, I just stumbled upon this review of Mercari Official Site/ How to make money with it. I’ve seen Mercari on google when searching for a specific item I’m in need of.
I’ve used Poshmark in the past and have been very pleased with it, but never have I used Mercari. In my opinion Facebook Marketplace, Poshmark, Mercari they all have the same idea. However, which one is less saturated? Which one can you make more of a profit off of? I think you can do very well on all of these sites it just depends on what your offer and price is. Having read your review on Mercari I am now more open to branching out and trying it out to see what is on their site rather than sticking to Poshmark, Amazon, etc.
I have heard about Mercari but have never used it. We do sell items not needed anymore but usually on Craigslist. Mercari seems like an easy site to used based on the description in this article. I do not object to the 10% commission for Mercari is sales are made more quickly than on other sites. The only question I have is about returns. If a customer is unsatisfied, is the seller responsible for the return. I would assume that the commission must be returned as well. I am going to do a bit more research on Mercari. Thanks for this information. I am book marking the site.
I’ve been thinking of decluttering my room and selling them online through Facebook Live or Marketplace. But I am not sure if it’s a good idea because, then, I would have to set up a place in my house to use for the live selling.
Mercari Official, just like eBay, sounds like a better option because I can reach a wider audience and I do not even have to meet up with customers. And because Mercari will take care of the shipping, I do not have to worry about partnering with a shipping company or dropping off the items at the buyer’s preferred drop-off site.
Partnering with Mercari to sell my stuff would give me a window into what it would be like to have my own e-commerce site. I have a 3-year-old affiliate marketing website and I would like to add e-commerce to it. Would this be a good idea?
eCommerce websites like eBay and Amazon are no doubt saturated and are so competitive that it becomes a barrier for newcomers to make any buck there. I cam across this new eCommerce website which I did not know earlier.
It seems quite similar to Craiglist where one can advertise their used stuff to sell online – Am I right in assuming this?
Taking care of shipping is one convenient feature which other eCommerce website lacks- I know FBA for Amazon, but it is hell lot of a job if you are not on FBA.
Thanks for sharing this review of Mercari. I will definitely start using it soon.
Your review is very helpful to me because I am unfamiliar with Mercari. I have no prior experience with this at all, but putting it to use to boost my sales would certainly be a novel approach. Although I am working on expanding my own online store at the moment, it is not impossible to sell my wares in other locations. It appears to be a trustworthy platform, similar to those that are more recognized; therefore, I believe that it is prudent to give it a shot. Let’s see what occurs! I am grateful to you for providing such an excellent review. I will most certainly pass this along.
Not having to meet the buyer is such a bonus. I am always hesitant to sell my used goods for fear of being taken for a ride, or having your time wasted waiting for the buyer to collect. Seems like Mercari has got this covered.
I’m not looking at selling for other platforms at the moment.
Ps. Your post contains a few spelling errors and typos, just a heads up so you can fix it.
I actually wasn’t aware of Mercari until your review. This site may be helpful in selling a few items I have as Offer Up hasn’t been extremely helpful, and Facebook Market Place doesn’t work as well either. You said the commission Mercari takes is a bit hight, but 10% seems pretty normal. Do you find it difficult to find buyers on the site?
Thank you for sharing this informative article about selling items on Mercari. I appreciate how you provided a detailed explanation of what Mercari is, how it works, and the benefits of using it to sell items. Your article also addresses important questions that potential sellers may have, such as the legitimacy of the website and how much money they can make.
I found it helpful that you pointed out how Mercari differs from other selling platforms like Facebook Marketplace and local meetups, and how it offers a standard shipping process that eliminates the need for in-person meetings. This feature can be especially appealing to those who prioritize convenience and safety.
Your article also highlights the potential for users to turn selling on Mercari into an online work-from-home business. I appreciate how you emphasized that Mercari is not just a platform to dispose of old items, but can also be used to sell new goods purchased from other e-commerce platforms.
Hey thank you for creating this post!
Though I am aware of selling products or clothes online through apps when no longer needed, I never really thought of actually trying it however this post has kind of convinced me to give it a go and see where it goes!
Ill check it out however the high commission rate doesn’t appeal to me since it means some of the profit could be cut out!
Thank you for bringing this to light and have a great day!
Alright, folks, gather around and let’s talk about Mercari. So, I stumbled upon this article that’s all about the website and decided to give it a read. First things first, hats off to the author for putting together such an informative piece. You must’ve put in some serious work into this bad boy, and for that, I salute you.
Now, for those of you who are not in the loop, Mercari is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell just about anything. Think of it as a digital garage sale, except you don’t have to worry about putting on pants and leaving the comfort of your home. Sounds like a dream come true, doesn’t it?
As someone who’s never used Mercari, I can’t really offer a personal experience, but I gotta say, the concept seems pretty sweet. It’s always nice to have an alternative to the big dogs like Amazon and eBay, and Mercari seems like a solid contender.
But here’s the thing – with great power comes great responsibility. Sure, it’s easy to get caught up in the thrill of buying and selling, but it’s important to remember to stay safe while doing so. Make sure to read up on the safety guidelines and use common sense when making transactions.
All in all, I think Mercari is a nifty little website that’s worth checking out. And again, kudos to the author for such a fantastic write-up. You’re a real gem, my friend.
Well I really do not know what Mercari is, so I am curious to know and ask what is Mercari how can I make money with it, is this another money making opportunity or is this a big scam? This all sounds to good to be true so I a little skeptical of this because I have never heard of anything like this before.
As someone who is interested in online shopping and e-commerce, I found your article on Mercari to be very informative and helpful. I appreciated your detailed explanation of the different features and benefits of the platform, as well as your personal experiences and recommendations.
One experience I have had with online shopping is that the ease and convenience of the platform can greatly impact my overall experience. I have used various online marketplaces and shopping platforms in the past, and have found that having access to high-quality products, reliable customer service, and a user-friendly interface can make a big difference in the overall shopping experience.
Hey! I just came across your article about making money with Mercari, and it’s super informative and well-written. The way you broke down the selling process on Mercari makes it feel approachable and doable. I particularly appreciated the tips on shipping and presentation, which are crucial to successful sales. By the way, I’m curious about your experience with the platform—have you ever had any particularly interesting or memorable sales? Would love to hear some stories!
Your topic was well-researched and very informative. It seems like you have a lot of comments, but I was thrown off at the beginning by the wording. I also fill that if you put in some subtitles I would be able to follow better. Also, I could locate needed information more quickly. Overall, it gave me valuable information that I can use to make a decision about using the product and also what else is available out there. Thanks
Thank you Rosa, I will look into it